QUETTA: At least three loud explosions were heard as security forces battled gunmen attacking the Frontier Corps Madadgar Centre near the Quetta’s Chaman Housing Scheme on Thursday night.
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti present at the site, confirmed the terrorist attack, saying a gun battle was underway between the attackers and security personnel.
“Terrorists attacked FC Madadgar Centre. It is premature to call it a suicide attack,” he said.
The provincial home minister confirmed that two attackers have been neutralised and the security forces are now clearing the center’s compound.
Meanwhile, a contingent of Pakistan Army has reached at the site of the attack.
Witnesses said they heard multiple explosions and sounds of sporadic gunfire. The area where the attack took place is mostly residential, with a few government buildings also located in the vicinity.
Earlier in the day, at least 14 people were injured in a suicide attack on a security forces’ convoy on Nowshera’s Mall Road.
Note: This is a developing story and will be updated as further information is made available.
Via Geo News